The criteria for selection are:
- Students must be U.S. citizens. Selected students will be required to undergo a security clearance process and sign a personal services contract.
- Students must be university or college students (juniors, seniors or graduate students).
- Application requirements are:
- A Letter of Interest
- A resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of reference
- Applicants should be studying relevant disciplines (public policy, international relations, economics, journalism, agriculture, public administration, law, political science, health, science, finance, etc.).
- Flexibility, initiative, enthusiasm, good interpersonal skills and lots of energy are desired. Computer skills are a necessity.
Normally, the internships are for a duration of ten weeks and commence from late May through mid-June. Due to the large number of applications received, we may be unable to respond to all of the applicants individually. We hope to contact candidates under consideration by late-February or early-March.
USAID is an Equal Opportunity Employer.