INSTITUTE ON COMPARATIVE POLITICAL & ECONOMIC SYSTEMS
This summer: June 7 - August 2, 2008
Georgetown University, Washington, DC
**ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR FINAL DEADLINE OF FEBRUARY 25, 2008**
Sponsored by The Fund for American Studies in partnership with Georgetown University, the Institute on Business Government Affairs and the Institute on Comparative Political and Economic Systems combine substantive internships, courses for academic credit, career development activities, site briefings and panels featuring government officials and public policy experts. The Institutes offer undergraduate students a unique opportunity to experience first-hand the inner workings of the Washington political scene!
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the Final Deadline of February 25, 2008. There is still a substantial amounts of scholarship funding available.
- Internships - Competitive placements with corporate government affairs offices, trade associations and lobbying firms
- Classes - Up to 9 credits in political science and business from Georgetown University
- Guest Lectures - With lobbyists, former Congressmen and public policy experts
- Internships - Competitive placements with public policy groups, federal agencies, Congressional offices and international organizations
- Classes - Up to 9 credits in political science and economics from Georgetown University
- Guest Lectures - With foreign policy and economics experts
- Housing - Furnished, on-campus apartments in the heart of D.C.
- Site Briefings - At the White House Complex, U.S. House of Representatives and State Department
- Leadership & Professional Development - Leadership, mentoring and career building activities
- Networking - Interaction with hundreds of other student leaders from around the world
- Scholarships - Over half of all students receive full or partial funding based on merit and financial need
For more information and an online application, please visit our website www.dcinternships.org or contact Andrea Calderon, Recruitment and Admissions Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 1-800-741-6964.
Fund For American Studies
1706 New Hampshire Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20009