Tuesday, April 05, 2011
Food Justice Conversation comes to the Rasmussen Rotunda
What is food justice and how do we create a more just food system?
Five speakers from around the Puget Sound community will address this question in a two hour panel discussion moderated by IPE professor Emelie Peine. The speakers include:
* Bill Aal; Co-Chair of AGRA Watch program, Community Alliance for Global Justice
* Kelsey Beck; Public Policy Manager, Food Lifeline
* Kevin Glackin-Coley; Executive Director, St. Leo Food Connection
* Dean Jackson; Cultural Change Worker, Urban Farmer, Director - Hilltop Urban Gardens
* Carrie Little; Farmer, Mother Earth and Little Earth Farms
The conversation happens Wednesday, April 20th from 6-8 PM in the Rasmussen Rotunda in the Wheelock student center.
at 1:33 PM