Long-term & Summer Campaign Director Position with Fair Share Alliance
Fair Share Alliance is a citizen-based non-profit advocacy organization that works to provide every American with a fair shot at a good job, a secure future and a strong voice in our democracy.
We're facing a huge jobs crisis in this country. While too many Americans are struggling to find work, big corporations like Exxon Mobil are receiving billions in government subsidies. The good news is that we can create jobs rebuilding America's roads and bridges, and expanding clean energy. Big companies like Exxon will spend millions lobbying to stop us, but with elections coming up, grassroots support can make the difference.
We are NOW HIRING for offices around the country. We're looking for people who work hard, communicate well, and are committed to positive social change. As a Campaign Director, you’ll be part of building a Fair Share Alliance organization in your community and raising the profile of our issues to make a real impact in the lives of your friends, family and neighbors. To learn more details on particular responsibilities we encourage you to fill out our interest form so we can reach out to you directly with more information.
Fair Share Alliance is opening offices in 30 states across the country--it is also possible to apply and interview in Washington for a position in a different state office. Please use the links above or email Leah Farkas at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to get started in the process!
Fair Share Alliance Campaign Director Job Description:
FIGHT FOR A FAIR ECONOMY
As a Campaign Director, you’ll be a part of building a Fair Share Alliance organization in your community and raising the profile of our issues to make a real impact in the lives of your friends, family and neighbors. Campaign Directors are responsible for building the grassroots movement to help everyday people have access to the American Dream. Specifically, you’ll run a local campaign office to conduct grassroots fundraising, build membership for Fair Share Alliance and support for our issues, turnout voters for the elections and keep the heat on the 1% in the media.
You’ll work on a team with other directors to run a successful campaign office. Each Director will be responsible for:
• Recruit and manage a 10-25 staff members to sign on thousands of members in your area to support our work and our issue campaigns.
• Train staff on effective canvassing and grassroots campaign skills.
• Develop new leaders and the next generation of political activists.
Grassroots fundraising and membership building
• Lead the effort to raise hundreds of thousands of dollars and recruit thousands of members for the organization locally. Specifically, meet or exceed your office’s goals for fundraising and membership.
• Canvass three or more days a week to raise money, identify supporters, sign up members and train staff.
• Manage all day-to-day administrative tasks related to fundraising, building membership, campaign and election work and general office management.
Issue Campaigns and Election Field Work
• Work with local coalitions of like-minded organizations, elected leaders and businesses.
• Run media events to raise the profile of our issues.
• Organize grassroots lobbying events and in-district meetings with elected officials.
• Work with the Fair Share Alliance political team to devise a local strategy for reaching out to base and swing voters.
• Recruit volunteers and staff to talk face-to-face with thousands of voters.
• Target and turn out our supporters to vote.
Training is designed to give the skills and confidence needed to tackle the challenges of building a movement. In classrooms and in the field, you’ll work with experienced staff to learn all the skills of campaign directing, including recruitment, leadership development, staff management, public speaking, media, fundraising, canvassing, and administrative management.
We’re looking for smart leaders ready to launch a project in their state. Passion for the issues, strong work ethic, ability to work on a team and follow direction are a must.
We have offices in AZ, CA, CO, FL, IA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, and WI.
Campaign directors will make $23,750 in their first year and $24,250 in their second year. Benefits include college loan assistance, two weeks paid vacation, paid holidays and paid sick days. Campaign Directors are also eligible to opt into one of our state health coverage plans. Salary and benefits differ in CA and MA. We are looking for candidates for a one-year commitment, but we are open to applicants who are only available in the summer.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and short cover letter to Leah Farkas at: email@example.com