- Monica Dehart: Professor of Comparitive Sociology
- Andrew Sherriff: Consultant and former manager of the Development and Peacebuilding Programme at International Alert
- Leslie Sherriff: Volunteer coordinator with Learning for International Non-Governmental Organizations (LINGOs), and was the Country Director of Catholic Relief Services (CRS) for Bosnia & Herzegovina and Serbia
- Erica Nelson: 2004 UPS Alum; MPhil in International Peace Studies at Trinity College, Dublin
Students with serious interest in careers in these fields are welcome to contact Andrew Sherriff at email@example.com and Leslie Sherriff at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a handout prepared by Andrew that was distributed at the event, which provides information for students seeking more information. Thanks to Drew Cameron for organizing this event!
Job Places on the Net for International Development / Conflict Jobs
- Official UN Jobs
The job site for official UN jobs.
- International and UN Jobs
- The Development Executive
US consultancy company jobs, big US NGOs but many opportunities not found in other places. Very comprehensive in terms of the
UN run humanitarian and development agencies (NGOs and some UN contracted posts)
- Foreign Policy Association
US Foreign Policy Association jobs – international and US (think tanks as well as humanitarian and development).
- Electronic Library of Development Studies (
- Oneworld Job List (US organizations)
Finding Information on NGOs
- Alliance for Peacebuilding
Interaction is the largest coalition of US NGOs. You can visit it to see details of hundreds of US headquarters NGOs from the largest to the smallest operating all over the world
Intergovernmental Bodies and United Nations Agencies
Many UN agencies (UNICEF, UNHCR, UNDP) and the World Bank have Young Professional or Junior Professional Programs. These are highly competitive, and usually require a Masters degree and between 2 to 5 years world experience. But recruitment is by open examination. It may be worth researcher lesser known international organizations such as the International Organization for Migration (IOM), or regional organizations such as the Organization of American States.