Thursday, September 30, 2010

Internship Opportunity in India

Brickwork India provides business research and consulting services for small to medium sized business around the world. Based in Bangalore, India, BWI is featured in both The World is Flat by Thomas Freidman and Tim Ferris’ book The 4-Hour Workweek. BWI pioneered the concept of the remote executive assistant and is at the forefront of the outsourcing movement. It is committed to maintaining a high level of corporate responsibility and to providing high quality services to their international customers.

Below is Tatiana Cary’s account of her recent summer internship with Brickwork:

I lived and worked for two months this summer in the Silicon Valley of India: Bangalore. As an IPE major with a focus in Global Development Studies, I had taken courses on globalization and international economics. However seeing economic growth and development firsthand was invaluable. An internship with BWI not only provided me with work experience but also gave me the opportunity to redefine my paradigm of cross-cultural exchange and international business relations. My daily tasks ranged from working with the research team finding information for American clients to working with the legal team reading and summarizing laws. In this internship, I learned the true meaning of intellectual property, outsourcing, diversity, urban development, bureaucracy, and corruption. I had the opportunity to visit local NGOs, travel, and experience south Indian culture. I learned how to eat (with my hands), how to cross the street, and how to enter a temple (right foot first!). Through a whirl of incense, auto-rickshaws, skyscrapers, and chai I had the experience of a lifetime. If you are interested, visit the Briwork India website and contact Anjana Samuel at anjana.s@brickworkindia.com .

http://www.brickworkindia.com/

No comments: