Fall Campaign Internship
Lauren Walker for State Representative has immediate need fall interns to support finance and political outreach activities in the Tacoma, WA area. The Internship is a hands-on learning experience that allows interns to work side-by-side with Lauren and her professional staff as they work on her campaign for the State House of Representatives. We are looking for dynamic interns who want an exciting front row seat on one of the most competitive races in the state this year. This is an ideal opportunity for motivated students who are interested in getting experiential education in the American political process.
Successful candidates will be rising sophomores or later in college (or recent graduates) who demonstrate leadership, thoughtfulness, creativity, a strong attention to detail, and a sense of public service. The Internship is unpaid, and students are expected to arrange their own transportation. We are happy to work with your school so you can receive academic credit for your time in our office.
Responsibilities of the internship include, but are not limited to:
- Researching donors, supporters and issues
- Facilitating fundraising and outreach events
- Data entry and maintenance of donor data base
- Processing requests and performing administrative tasks
- Recruiting supporters and volunteers
- Drafting copy for campaign correspondence, including social media
- Staffing/driving Lauren to events (mileage can be reimbursed)
Email the following documents to email@example.com
· Cover letter
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis
Positions are available starting immediately