Olive Roots, an International Undergraduate Journal on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, is calling for undergraduate papers for its Fall 2012 publication.
Olive Roots will consider papers and reviews written by undergraduate students on any subject pertaining to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Special consideration will be given to papers discussing the conflict in a post-Arab Spring context. Papers will be evaluated according to quality of research, depth of inquiry, creativity, original insight and clarity. They will be reviewed by peers and an advisory board of professors with relevant expertise.
We will also accept original photography and artwork related to the conflict or region.
Written Submissions should:
1. Remain under the 3,000 words maximum.
2. Include a cover sheet with the author's name, mailing address (current and permanent), email address, telephone number, college or university name, submission title, and word count.
3. End with a Works Cited page in Chicago style. Please use endnotes rather than footnotes.
4. Arrive electronically by midnight on 17 October 2012 to Editor in Chief Jennifer Good at JGood13@cmc.edu as a Microsoft Word attachment.
Art Submissions should:
1. Be in JPEG format.
2. Named artist name-artist surname-photograph name.jpg.
3. In the body of your email, please also write the author's name, mailing address (current and permanent), email address, telephone number, college or university name, and submission title.
3. Be submitted in one of three ways: emailed as an attachment to JGood13@cmc.edu, sent as a link to a personal flickr account with the pictures in an album entitled “Olive Roots;” or be uploaded to the Olive Roots flickr group.
4. Arrive electronically by midnight on 17 October 2012.
Olive Roots is published by the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict Student Research Forum, a student group at Claremont McKenna College that conducts research on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in order to promote intellectual discourse, work towards mutual understanding, and facilitate a solution to the conflict. You can view our previous publications here: http://issuu.com/oliveroots
Please direct all questions to Editor in Chief Jennifer Good at: JGood13@cmc.edu