Monday, March 30, 2009

Kristine Kalanges IPE '00 accepts AU Professorship

Kristine Kalanges (IPE Class of 2000) recently completed an unusual "double." She earned her Ph.D. in Government from Georgetown University and her J.D. from Yale School of Law. So what do you do with a double doctorate? Here's the latest from Kristine ...
... beginning in August, I will be an Assistant Professor in the Department of Justice, Law and Society at American University's School of Public Affairs in Washington DC. This is a dream job for me. The position is tenure track, and it's in a department that is structurally inter/multi-disciplinary; hence, I will have complete academic freedom with regard to my teaching and scholarship, and I will be able to continue engaging complex ideas and problems that defy disciplinary boundaries.

Congratulations to Kristine!

No comments: